Thursday, 5 July 2012

Hywel


I'm sad to hear that my friend Hywel Jones passed away yesterday, July 4th 2012. It's not an exaggeration to say that being friends with Hywel changed my life. I would not have run the London Marathon this year were it not for the inspiration he gave me; Hywel taught me a lot about bravery, determination, mental toughness and achieving goals in the face of difficult circumstances. He is a special person who helped and inspired others right until the end, without self-pity, often with his trademark dark sense of humour. Some cliches are cliches because they're true - there should be more Hywels in the world.
 
My thoughts are with Hywel's wife Cathy, son Luke, daughter Carly and the rest of their family.



You can buy Hywel's single on Amazon here to raise money for Tenovus Cancer Charity. 


You can read Hywel's blog here.






No comments:

Post a Comment